Monday, May 21, 2007

i popped my head into my moms room she was laying with the curtains dimed low just low enough for the sun to shine through, she had on her white cotton night gown with purple flowers sprinkled all over- she told me "come baby leelee lay next to me" my hair was open and she played with my curls. i rest my head on her chest smelling the lavendar she just put on her skin- her skin was warm- a warm feeling- a mother's touch is priceless. i listened to her heart beat- so strong and vibrant- she twisted my hair and said "remember when you were a baby and you used to smile so much- what happened to leelee?"- and i exhaled a breath- and replied "i still smile...". a tear rolled down.

i have grown and evolved into a young woman. i'am not a little girl anymore. i have learned to defend myself i have learned to make a life of my own. everyday i'am gaining in strength. i want to grow up to be like mom- graced with beauty and age. i want to hold my own praying that it feels that warmth i felt tonight.

before i leave for school in the mornings mom would say "come let me look at what your wearing" even though i'm twenty and she trusts i will wear modest clothes- i still allow her to scan me over and say her words "when did you buy that shirt or isn't that naseebas shirt" she says i'm lucky i came from her".


a mother's touch is priceless.

i pray i make her happy.