Thursday, May 17, 2007

my eyes are weighed heavily with sleep
my neck aches
my mouth dry
my hands dry
my legs cramping
my agenda is filled with items to get done everyday
relaxing would be a luxury item- but as you get older things change

I give so much more respect to my parents and to other elders who have come from another foreign land to Canada- getting themselves a job not just "a" job "two or three" jobs what gives their children the University Medicine degree a black sports car paid for with insurance paid a month and a nice cell phone. I have a friend who is working 35 hours a week plus doing classes in the evening- taken care of the house, cooking, cleaning- taken care of her siblings- and she still has the energy at the end of the day to make me laugh- that's strength- that's strength.

I have enough paper cuts in my hands and my strained eye balls from sitting down reading notes and glaring at the computer screen for most part of my day- replying to e-mails-calling people for employment-hussling and bustling to and from- my shoulder feels like giving out with all the books I hold- but there is something to makes me push on and on every day- work hard in this life and in the next there will be eternal peace- no back aches- no eyes aches- eternal peace- just work hard......

my eyes are weighed with sleep.

O Allah- give the believers strong faith and health and never seal our minds and heart from the truth- and O Allah- guide those souls who have being lead astray onto the right path to Islam- Ameen.