Tuesday, September 26, 2006

This is for assign ( A PERSONAL ESSAY - I can't use a pen , so were using blogn )
_________________________________________________________________

As I sit here, in this room, a glass cage in which I trap myself in. Trying to captivate some sort of memory from this picture it is difficult.Simply, time as gone by fast, and it scares me as I write this. I got caught in the spoke of the wheel with the rest of them. I stare at this picture for five minutes- five minutes to be exact. I'll tell you what I see; I see a little girl. She has dark brown curly hair, slicked backed into a ponytail. Her skin is flawless without any litte imperfections of a pimple, uneven skin tone, or bags under her eyes. Her eyes are hazel when the sun hits them, her teeth have little gaps in between them, when she smiles. Her dress is peach and frilled with frills. She holds a blonde- hair naked Barbie doll in her hand, shoving it into her fathers camera, as she poses for the picture. She sticks out her but, puts her hands on her tiny hips and poses like she's just won some kinda of movie award. I like the way she smiles at the camera with confidence, thinking she's got the a,b,c's down path.

She stands on her patio, infront of a tree, that blooms pink flowers in the summer time. Her mother places her here all the time when taken a picture when the little girl is dressed up in her dresses. Why? Her mother once told her, she shaved a little piece of her hair, and buried it in the foundations of the patio when her father was re-constructing it, the little girl askes her mother why? Her mother replied as all mothers do from the mother-unit so you will always be in blooming, and when your a old lady look back to this tree, you and this tree will keep time with eachother, watch it grow, watch yourself grow".

As I sit back, and re-read what I just wrote, those words ring through me, " you and this tree will keep time with eachother"- As I look to this picuture,I truly wish I could go back in time, to that pose, my father would take my picture again, and I could taste that happiness that I took for granted when I was a child. As I look to that picture, I see a girl that truly smiled, for happiness and joy. As I look to this picture I'm in envy. Innocence and beauty speaks to me in words, speaks to me in words, which I can not take and reform again, and selfishly rub myself down with it.
This picture was taken at a house that I've only grown to know. Love was born here.
You know how everyone has a favourite place in ther house? Well mine is on the patio. When it's a nice cool fall evening, I just go out there, sit on the swing, and I stare to the sky- my eyes transfixed not moving, I watch as the sun goes down, and an aroa of orange, red, mixed in between combining a color of peach. I invision my peach dress coming down onto me, collecting me, and taken me off, far, far away. And I remember the smell of the pink flowers that would bloom in the summer, and I stare to the tree now, it's branches naked,it looks hungry for life.I get up once in a while, and I stand at the same spot, and try to recapture the moment, I imagine I will be in my white wedding dress, and the flowers would be pink, I would stand tall and strong- a women now. My face would have aged a little, my eyes will still be hazle as the sun hits them, my hair would still be curly but this time black, all of the spaces in my teeth would have being fulled, and instead of holding a blonde-haired Barbie doll in my hand shoving it to my father's camera, I would be holding a boquet of flowers in my hand, instead of pushing my but out, and placing my hands on what was once tiny hips, they would have grown to hold the beauty in which I would like my children's legs to rest on as I carry them . Fourteen years has gone by in which I took that picture in my peach dress, five years from now will be the place where I stand in my white dress.




__________

I can't think anymore..mm doesn't make sense ?? suggesions...