Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I feel so good right now ,AlamdiouAllah. I just finished talking to my high-school friend. She went to Lebanon and was there as the war was going on, and is still going on. Listening to her made my eyes open wider and wider. We didn't talk for a year not because we were mad with eachother just because we got busy with our own lives, school , work, extra things on the side , family, and walking in this busy life. What's so beautiful is that when I saw something that reminded me of her I didn't have to question ' I wonder if she's mad at me or has forgotten about me ?" I just knew that we still had a friendship, a sisterhood that is strong that no one can break it, what touched me is when she said the same thing, ' For that whole year I knew you weren't mad at me Alisha, you just got caught up with life '. I never told her I went to Toronto in December and saw Sami Yousef perform, or of the things I have experienced in life, and the beautiful souls I have met, and wanting her to meet aswell. She feels the same as I do, and whats so beautiful is that I picked up the phone and we picked up from where we left off.

That's a true friend...... someone that understands with out having to ask ' why ' and ' how come '. A person that smiles, and reassures you of what you have done and said, they are a piece of your heart with the other pieces from the other souls you so dearly admire and love.A true friend is someone that will be there for you without keeping in touch with them, you can call in one year, or 10 years, and you can pick up the old pieces and start back again.

To understand is to love



I miss her, and she has changed so much , for the best , and I'm so happy for this.